Primary Job Responsibilities
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for gathering all the required information, preparing prescribed medications for dispensing by the pharmacist, and providing fast, efficient, friendly, courteous, service for the customer.
Position Type: Full Time
- Pharmacy Supervisor
Scope of Supervision
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working with customers and referral sources.
- Process the patient Rx by gathering all patient information and entering correct Rx data.
- Assembles Rx materials, prepares for dispensing, checks finished Rx for accuracy and places completed prescription orders in assigned area for the pharmacist to check.
- Is familiar with specialized billing.
- Utilizes and maintains the automatic medication system.
- Assists in stocking of daily pharmacy order.
- Assists in ensuring inventory counts are correct and that inventory is in date with the proper levels.
- Assists with other duties executed in the pharmacy.
- Greets, approaches, and assists customers in all areas of the store.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Maintain a secure, safe, clean and professional work environment.
- Ability to work days, evenings and Saturdays.
- Position requires travel to our other locations within a 30 mile radius.
- Abides by all state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient records and manages daily tasks and activities consistent with HIPAA.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Effective time management/organizational skills, basic math, computer, and communication skills.
- Retail drug store sales and/or technician experience preferred
Licenses / Certification
- Maryland Board of Pharmacy Technician Certification Preferred or must be certified within six months of hire date.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions in this job description:
- The employee is required to sit, stand or walk for up to 10 hour shifts.
- The employee is required to bend, stoop, reach, climb, and use a step stool or ladder.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must be able to use a standard keyboard to type.
All required fields are marked with an *