Medical Equipment Delivery
The HME Technician is responsible for the assessment, delivery and education of HME/Respiratory equipment to clients of the Company.
Position Type: Full Time
- HME Technician / Warehouse Supervisor
Scope of Supervision
- Report any misconduct, suspicious or unethical activities to the Compliance Officer.
- Schedule, deliver and demonstrate HME/Respiratory equipment in the client’s home and obtain appropriate documentation
- Ensure that the client and/or caregiver demonstrate knowledge of proper use of HME/Respiratory equipment.
- Assist in resolving client equipment problems when appropriate.
- Pick up and clean home medical equipment as needed.
- Maintain HME/Respiratory delivery records.
- Maintain equipment tracking and lot number tracking for oxygen and other required products.
- Perform equipment maintenance per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Perform light maintenance on delivery van, maintain mileage/vehicle check log and supply inventory.
- Assume on-call responsibilities in accordance with Company policy.
- Report equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain a secure, safe, clean and professional work environment.
- Complies with all laws and regulations to ensure that the department meets or exceeds accreditation standards and/or “best practices”.
- Participate in surveys conducted by authorized inspection agencies.
- Participate in the Company’s Quality Assurance Program as requested by the Accreditation Coordinator and other committees as requested.
- Participate in continuing education programs fundamental to the business.
- Knowledgeable of the Company’s other inventories and services, the employee manual and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs as a team member including assisting client referrals to the appropriate department or individual(s) in the Company.
- Seeks help from your supervisor when you have reached your limitations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Effective time management/organizational skills, basic math, computer, and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license/record in good standing.
They physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions in this job description:
- The employee is required to sit, stand or walk for 8 to 9 hour shifts.
- The employee is required to bend, stoop, reach, climb, and use a step stool or ladder.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
All required fields are marked with an *