APPLE DISCOUNT DRUGS PROMOTES DIABETES AWARENESS THROUGH ALL-INCLUSIVE WORKSHOP AND SCREENINGS
Sessions to be held on November 8th in Fruitland and November 19th in Berlin
Fruitland – Apple Discount Drugs, a locally owned Health Mart pharmacy, is pleased to announce plans for a Diabetes Resource Day in recognition of Diabetes Awareness Month – November.
“Being in the healthcare profession, we care about the health and well-being of the people in our community,” said John Motsko, Apple Certified Diabetes Educator®. “With the rate of people living with diabetes on the Shore almost doubling the national rate, we know there is a need for specialized diabetes services and counseling. Not only will we host this Diabetes workshop this coming month, but we provide one-on-one and group counseling sessions year round.”
Thursday, November 8, 2012
- 9:00am – 11:30am – Free Blood Glucose Testing – A1C testing @ $9.97
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm – A1C Champion Presentation #1 – “Taking Control” Presented by Roger Baird. A real patient providing real inspiration.
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm – Tips on Healthy Eating, by Nicole Acle, registered dietician
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – Free Blood Glucose Testing – A1C Testing @ $9.97
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm – A1C Champion Presentation #2
Monday November 19, 2012
- 9:00am – 1:00pm – “Meet Your Diabetes Educator”
- Bring in your diabetes questions
- Free Blood Glucose Testing.
- A1C testing @ $9.97
Participants will be given free blood glucose log books, free Diabetes ID cards and a free “Living with Diabetes” DVD set (50- omit free to the first 75 individuals). Free Blood Pressure Testing will be done throughout the day in the Fruitland location.
To register for a workshop, call John Motsko at 410-749-8401, option 5 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about the Apple Diabetes Resource Center
Through the Apple Diabetes Resource Center, John Motsko offers one-on-one and group counseling sessions to educate, provide resources and support diabetic patients in managing the disease. During each counseling session, John provides information on nutrition, lifestyle changes and diabetic products. He also teaches customers about the different types of blood glucose meters and stresses the importance of testing each meter to make sure it is functioning properly.