APPLE DISCOUNT DRUGS LAUNCHES “PITCH IN” COMMUNITY CAMPAIGN
Apple Discount Drugs, a locally owned and operated Healthmart pharmacy serving the community for over 40 years, is pleased to announce the launch of the new “Pitch In” campaign being initiated to collect donations for community organizations and families in need.
“Apple is a very community driven company,” said Tish Withers, marketing director, Apple Discount Drugs. “We take pride in the quality of healthcare services we provide to our customers but are aware of the families in our community with greater needs that we can help. The “Pitch In” campaign offers a convenient location for people to drop off donations when they stop into the store for their prescriptions or other healthcare items. We will take care of the rest and make sure the donations are distributed to the appropriate organizations, churches, schools and shelters.”
Apple is kicking off the campaign in May 2019 to coincide with Women Supporting Women’s Bras for a Cause fundraiser that benefits local people diagnosed with breast cancer. The theme for this year’s initiative is “Recycled Bras.” Community members can donate gently worn bras through the month of May. They can be any size or style, including mastectomy bras.
But the giving doesn’t stop there. Apple Discount Drugs will be collecting new items each month to donate to pre-arranged local organizations. Keeping in line with the “Pitch In” theme, anyone who donates will be entered into a monthly drawing to win two Delmarva Shorebirds tickets during the baseball season.
Monthly “Pitch In” Line Up
- June: Items for Soldiers away from home (toothbrushes, wet wipes, shampoo, deodorant, razors). These items will be taken to Operation We Care for packaging and shipments to deployed troops.
- July &August: Back to school supplies to be donated to the Wicomico Board of Education.
- September: TBD leaving a month open for sudden needs that may arise.
- October: Canned goods for the local Food Bank.
- November: Hats, gloves and scarves to be donated to The Joseph House.
- December: Blankets for local homeless shelters such as The Joseph House and Halo.
For more information call Apple Discount Drugs at 410/749-8401 or follow us on Facebook.