APPLE DISCOUNT DRUGS BECOMES COVID-19 SELF TESTING COLLECTION SITE
Apple Discount Drugs, a locally owned and operated Healthmart pharmacy serving the community for over 40 years, is pleased to announce it is a COVID-19 self-testing collection site for community members of all ages. The testing and collection are free but offered by appointment only. Results are posted within three to five days on a portal hosted at doineedacovid19test.com, the same site where individuals go to register for an appointment.
“The self-test is quick, easy and free,” said Tish Withers, marketing director for Apple Discount Drugs. “You don’t even get out of your vehicle. We approach your window to give you the testing kit and coach you through the self-testing process. It literally takes no more than ten minutes and then you are driving off.”
COVID-19 Self-Testing Process
- Testing locations are drive-thru and by appointment only.
- Register for an appointment at com.
- PRINT and bring your test voucher with you on the day of your test.
- There is no out-of-pocket cost for the test.
- Testing locations use a self-administered nasal swab test that allows you to swab your own nose while in your vehicle, supervised by trained medical volunteers.
- Results are delivered within 3-5 days. You will receive an email notification when results are available. Once you receive the email, return to com and logon to view and print your lab report.
“We have always cared about the health and well-being of our community and that’s why we knew it was important to be a part of an initiative that will give people piece of mind during a time when there are still many unknowns,” said Jeff Sherr, president, Apple Discount Drugs. “The self-testing process is safe and can offer comfort to those who are in fear of going out and being exposed to others in a public setting.”
Testing follows CDC Guidelines to determine eligibility. Currently eligible are the following groups:
- Healthcare workers and first responders
- Other individuals with symptoms
- Other individuals without symptoms, in accordance with state and local plans and for public health monitoring
This program is part of the public-private partnership announced on March 13, 2020. eTrueNorth is working with HHS, state and local officials, and pharmacy and lab partners to open testing sites in areas of need.
For more information on COVID-19 self-testing email Tish Withers at Tish@appledrugs.com.